Hello everybody, I'm in Japan again. For a mixture of jetlag, work stress, too much coffee and too much food, I feel unable to write a genuinely useful post. Here is a cheap imitation.
Ten good things about Japan:
- The light.
- Safety & respect.
- Newspapers (based on English version).
- Money. All in cash and no surprises.
- Swords. Old, sharp, insanely expensive pieces of cultural heritage.
- Pasta. Probably best in the world, certainly fishiest.
- Fish. Everywhere and in everything, usually raw.
- Shinkansen. Fast, accurate to the minute.
- Population density.
Ten bad things:
- The air.
- Sexism & inequality.
- Porn. Amazing but true! Probably related to above.
- Work. Bad everywhere, but would hate it here.
- Social inferiority complex. Insanely expensive piece of cultural baggage.
- Luis Vuitton disease. Worst in the world, probably related to above.
- Suits. Everywhere and all the time, usually black.
- Planning everything to the minute.
- Population size.
Blah! Must go out more...